Each year the Championship differs a little but generally consists of an uphill time trial, a dirt crit round robin and a cross country race of about 1hr. The Champion is decided by the fastest time across the three events.
Sept 2016 Brisbane.
Entries …… Open Soon
Sat Practice 8am to 12pm
Sat Racing 1pm to 4pm
Sun Racing 9am to 1pm
Australian Retro MTB Championship Bike Specs ……. Please note that these rules were made up after several beers so feel free to help me revise and modify em !!
Pre 1995 Hardtail Mountain Bikes Only
(1) Only mechanical rim braking systems allowed.
(2) No CARBON frames or components allowed.
(3) Only sprung or elastomer suspension forks.
(4) No more than 80mm of suspension travel.
(5) Cannot have any form of rear suspension.
(6) Cannot have any style of suspension stem or suspension seatpost.
(7) Cannot have any rim size other than 26″
(8) Must have square taper crank sets with triple chain rings.
(9) Must have a 6, 7 or 8 speed rear cluster.
Other rules may be added as we think of em or maybe you have one or two that you would like to suggest??
2014 Mens Champion – Doug Robinson
2014 Womens Champion – Eloise Young
2013 Mens Champion – Doug Robinson
2013 Womens Champion – Sandra Douglas-Young
2012 Mens Champion – Gary Hamilton
2012 Womens Champion – Casey Wilson
2011 Mens Champion – Jason Smith
2011 Womens Champion – No Contest
2010 Mens Champion – Jackson Davidson
2010 Womens Champion – Casey Wilson